Sunday, January 28, 2007

CindeRielah


Welcome to my new blog. I got inspired by one of my favorite websites, thecarrotbox.com - Alice's idea of blogging about her collection of rings is brilliant. I realized then that I should blog about something I really love - shoes! My husband told me once that he was shocked at how many pairs of shoes I have. He laughingly asked, "Is this a Filipino thing, this love of shoes?" He is referring to the fact that Imelda Marcos, a former First Lady of the Philippines, is, according to BBC News, the world's best known shoe collector. I told him, "No, It's a GIRL thing." Still, he might be on to something - maybe I do have an Imeldific addiction to shoes. So, here we are - a site devoted to shoes. I called it The Glass Slipper, because, like Cinderella, I'd like to think that my dream shoes are out there. And this blog is a chronicle of that perennial search for my glass slipper.

No comments: